HOW TO STAY A FLOAT DURING COVID-19 PERIOD
Over the last three months, I have done the more talks, Webinars, Facebook Live shows, mentorship forums and one-on-one telephone engagements than the entire year 2019. During this Covid-19 period, I have discovered 8 very workable ways of staying afloat:
1. Have an Achiever’s Mindset: Achievers accomplish big goals by staying focused. You need to keep the focus in order to say No to distractions, you need a Lion’s courage to say Yes in other issues and a lot of self-discipline to say ‘Not Yet’ to many society’s enticements around you
2. You need a Winning Power within YOU: You must believe that you fit into something better and bigger than yourself. You must adopt the attitude of accepting yourself and the way you are. The real you. And you have to be proud of yourself.
3. Conquer the BAD in you: This bad could be jealousy, selfishness, dislike of successful people, bad habits or just having negative thoughts most of the time. You need to start new good habits. Stop watching negatively skewed news, challenge your negative thoughts and associate yourself with positive people.
4. Dine with Dreamers and Change your life for good: I recommend three types of people that you need in your life;
i. Positive people, these will positively inspire you big.
ii. Go-Getters, these have dreams and goals in life.
iii. Visionaries, these are creatives, they make impossible possible.
5. Have a marathoner’s Energy: These are people who have great energy earned after a lot of preparation, practice, eating right and having supportive networks. Just get it right like a marathoner.
6. Be a True Lion: A lion is not bothered by the noise of Napier grass. It’s always bold and confident. Learn to know where you look, where you spend your energy and thoughts. Not everything in life matters and you cannot be everything. Just do one thing and do it so well.
7. Master your Art: You need to ask yourself; what am I best at? What am I know for? Work on this niche and keep perfecting it.
8. Be Curious: In life, be eager to know stuff, research, explore and always ask for more information. Those with inquisitive minds get better and better in life. Life is mysterious and needs more digging.
The author, is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.